Terms & Conditions
The purpose of outlining our terms and conditions is to prevent any misunderstandings.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
By accessing or using the services advertised on this website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions below.
Bookings are accepted in writing only on the relevant application form.
Payment is by international bank transfer, in Euro to the bank account details found on the payment invoice or by Credit/Debit card via a secure link which will be sent directly at time of booking.
3. Booking Conditions
- We do not accept responsibility for costs incurred due to flight delays, i.e. accommodation, transfers, etc.
- We do not take responsibility for loss or theft of belongings.
- Students are expected to have appropriate medical and baggage insurance.
- There is no refund of fees for: days missed during the course, late arrival, early departure, and public holidays.
- The client must carry the cost of any bank charges relating to bank transfers.
- Deposits are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- There is no refund for a cancellation made within 21 days of the start of the programme or if a student fails to complete the programme.
- Partial refunds may be made where notice is given more than 21 days prior to arrival. This partial refund is as follows: deposits are non-refundable, (subject to a maximum of €250 for individual bookings) the remaining tuition fees will be refunded. Where the host family accommodation has been booked, €100 will be retained in order to compensate the host family.
- There is no refund for students who change from Intensive to other courses of fewer hours or who decide to shorten their stay. There is no refund for days missed during the course, for late arrival, for early departure or for public holidays.
- Students requiring a visa to enter Ireland: In situations where our letter of acceptance has been issued and a student does not acquire a visa for any reason, we will refund all fees paid, less the deposit. This refund will only be made on proof from the relevant embassy or consulate that no visa was obtained. In addition, once visa students have used our course details to enter Ireland, classes must be attended and all fees are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be granted if the student is excluded by the immagration authority
- Tuition fees can only be refunded in exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the Directors and can only be made through the sending partner.
- Refund request must be made in writing
- In the unlikely event of English Language Ireland being unable to provide a course for an enrolled student, ALL fees will be refunded in full.
Neither English Language Ireland nor the host family will insure students against illness, theft or loss of personal effects and English Language Ireland accepts no responsibility in the event of such occurrences. Personal insurance cover is recommended. English Language Ireland does not assume any liability for loss, delay or accident of any kind whatsoever which may occur due to the fault or negligence of any company or persons carrying out ancillary arrangements.
6. Medical Insurance
We advise that all clients take out full medical insurance prior to arrival. English Langauge Ireland cannot be responsible for medical costs incurred. All clients travelling from EU countries should bring the Euro-Med (EHIC) with them. English Language Ireland can arrange private medical insurance on request for non-EU clients.
7. Host Families Accommodation
Prices for accommodation are quoted per week, 7 nights. Extra nights are possible, subject to availability and an additional charge. Accommodation details will only be sent once all fees have been paid in full. Students who wish to change host family must give 1-week notice and pay a re-arrangement fee for €50. There is a charge of €100 for an unnecessary change of host family.
Accommodation can be in a single or twin bedroom. Single Rooms carry a supplement of €25. A daily shower is available. Host families are asked to do a reasonable amount of laundry for their student. This service does not include jeans, sweaters or jackets. Accommodation is full board and includes bed, breakfast, packed lunch and evening dinner. ELI reserves the right to charge a student €100 for an unnecessary change of host family.
Note: There is no refund of accommodation fees for late arrival or early departure.
9. Airport/Ferry Port Transfers
Transfers are not included in the course price but can be arranged on request.
All use, purchase or possession of drugs or harmful substances is prohibited by law in Ireland. Students who purchase, possess, use or supply drugs or harmful substances will forfeit the remaining part of their programme.
In the case of junior students, those who break the law will be expelled from their programme, sent home at their parents’ expense and will forfeit all fees paid. In the case of adult students, those who break the law will be expelled from their course immediately and will forfeit all fees paid.
Where a visa is refused on appeal, English Langauge Ireland will refund fees via the agent on receipt of evidence of the visa refusal, plus the refusal number. All fees which have been paid will be refunded, less the deposit, subject to a maximum of €250. All bank charges will apply to such refunds. If the intended commencement date of an English Language Programme is delayed due to a visa problem, refunds will apply to the deposit paid.
13. Holidays for long-term students
Students are permitted to take holidays depending on the duration of their course, as follows:
- Holiday period for any 12-week course.
- Holiday periods for any 25 weeks course.
- Holiday periods for 48+ weeks course.
The following regulations apply: the minimum holiday permitted is 2 weeks. Holidays cannot be taken in the middle of the week. Students must give English Langauge Ireland at least 2 weeks notice in advance of the holiday. On return, students may have to take a level test before being placed in class. Where possible, students are advised to take holidays only on completion of their current level.
Please refer to our specific Policies & Procedures for Non-EEA Students on our Student Information page of our Website.
14. Public Holidays
In the case of public holidays, which occur on a Monday, students may begin their course on the Tuesday of that week. Public holidays are non-refundable. Our General Courses are available year-round – classes are held Monday – Friday.
For a list of the public holidays for the current academic year, please refer to our school calendar which can be viewed or downloaded from our website.
There is no refund for curtailment of a course after commencement.
In the event that a student is expelled from one of our courses, no refund is issued.
English Langauge Ireland reserve the right to alter and amend information contained in these Terms & Conditions without notice. We reserve the right not to accept applications.
18. Governing Law & Arbitration
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions or, in breach thereof, shall be governed and construed by the Laws of Ireland.
19. General Conditions
English Langauge Ireland reserves the right to cancel all arrangements and bookings without prior notice if our payment conditions are not met. Once a booking has been made, the client will be deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
It is understood that during a student’s time with English Langauge Ireland, photographs, testimonies or video of the student may be taken and used in the internal or external publicity of the organisation, in either printed or electronic format. If a student wishes to opt out of such publicity, they may indicate this on their application form or via the sending agent.
21. Links to Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by English Language Ireland. English Language Ireland has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that English Language Ireland shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
22. Legal Notice
English Language Ireland reserves the right to change the details of its services, including courses, facilities and course dates where circumstances beyond the company’s control necessitate such changes or where the number of enrolments renders a course unviable. The right is also reserved to decline any person at any time without liability.