Students on our Learn English High School Programme come to Ireland to attend an Irish High School, either for a full academic year (late August to May/June) or for the first term (late August to Christmas).
The Irish education system is recognised as one of the world’s best and our Learn English High School Programme gives international students the opportunity to benefit from it.
By living and going to school in Ireland, these students experience many opportunities for learning English, building building, and personal growth.
We have close relationships with many High Schools, including schools for boys only, girls only, and for both boys and girls.
Students on our High School Programme attend the same classes as Irish students, including practical classes like Home Economics, Woodwork, and Metalwork. They also have the same opportunities to take part in activities outside the classroom, such as school drama, musicals, and outings.
If students complete the final year of the Irish school curriculum and sit the Irish State Exams (the Leaving Certificate), they may apply to also go on to third level (university) education in Ireland.
Services we provide for students on our Learn English High School Programme include:
- Application for a place in an Irish High School
- Arranging the fitting and purchase of school uniforms
- Arranging the purchase of textbooks
- Acting as a guardian for the student during their time in Ireland
- Helping with obtaining a PPS Number (National Insurance/Identity Number)
Learn English High School Programme Features
- School enrolment fee, school fees, books and uniforms included in programme fee
- Individual Pastoral care for each student to ensure a happy stay throughout the year
- Regular review dates with the student, their host family and their teachers
- Optional extra: FCE/Cambridge English/IELTS exam preparation classes at the English Language Ireland Schoolhouse. Extra subject tutoring available subject to an extra fee.
|12 to 18|